College Nine Student Senate
College Nine Senate holds weekly meetings from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM in Social Sciences 2, Room 265.The College Nine Senate is a university-recognized student government that is comprised of College Nine students. College Nine Senators represent the students of College Nine on issues that affect the College Nine community and act as liaison between university officials and the students.
Senate develops and upholds the international theme of College Nine while raising awareness on important international issues with our fellow students.
Senators meet weekly to discuss issues and ideas affecting the experiences for College Nine students. Senate sends representation to campus-wide and UC organizations, while also allocating funds to many College Nine organizations and programs.
Meetings are held every Thursday at 7:30PM in Social Sciences 2, Room 265.
You can view the minutes from previous meetings here.
Funding Requests (We are now accepting requests for 2016-2017!)
If you would like to request funding from the College Nine Student Senate, please take the following steps:
- Fill out the College Nine Senate Funding Request Form: https://docs.google.com/a/ucsc.edu/forms/d/1C9_eekSx-qDfbyTJI1uRTKJfy1VFwtCqgd-DunCHows/viewform .
- Senate funding requests are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
- We do our best to respond promptly.
- If we have further questions, we may ask for your organization to send a representative to present on your behalf.
*Please be aware that we have limited funds for fall quarter funding requests and may not able to fund based on when the application was received.
***Guidelines for Automatic funding request denials:
- If organizations outside of college nine do not adhere to the funding limit of $200, they will automatically be rejected and asked to reapply.
- Requests made to cover food costs will automatically be denied
- Travel costs typically not considered, unless at least 25% of attendees are college nine affiliates
- All events must allow for college nine affiliates to participate or be present, otherwise they are typically not considered
- We do not typically fund costume expenses.