Residential Life at College Nine
College Nine strives to provide a rich living and learning environment for its residents and to support them in becoming global citizens. The college’s theme of “International and Global Perspectives” provides exciting co-curricular opportunities for residents to explore while living in the community.
College Nine is located in a central location on campus. We are 5-10 minutes (walking distance) from campus recreational activities (OPERS), the UCSC Bookstore, and Student Union. College Nine is committed to the UCSC Zero Waste by 2020 initiative and encourages residents to decrease their carbon footprint through engaging in University sustainability initiatives.
College Nine has a variety different living facilities including Residence Halls, Apartments, the International Living Center and several themed floors. Please see the Housing Options section in the sidebar for more information.
Our Residential Life and Housing Staff consist of committed professionals and student staff who can assist you throughout your time here. Our Associate College Administrative Officer (ACAO) oversees the Residential Life and Housing unit, and is located in the Residential Life and Housing office. Our Coordinators for Residential Education (CREs) oversee a particular residential area and are live-in professional staff who supervise the Resident Assistants (RAs). Their offices are within the Residential Life and Housing Office. The RAs are student leaders who live on your floor or building and help create a thriving living and learning community. The Housing Coordinator and Office Coordinator support your housing management needs, such as room assignments, lock outs and move in/move out. They are also located at the Residential Life and Housing Office.
For all university and housing related rules, please review the following: Housing Policies.
College Nine and College Ten Residential Life and Housing Office:
The College Nine and College Ten Residential Life and Housing Office serves both College Nine an College Ten residents, assisting with a variety of housing related issues. Have a question about your housing? Locked out of your room? Call, email, or just come by and we can help you!
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
College Nine, Residential Hall Building 1 (R1) Hague House, first floor. *For a college map click here.
- After hours lockouts - Call the RA on duty
- College Nine and ILC - (831) 212-6158
- College Ten and Apartments - (831) 419-6488
- Housing cancellations, room change requests, general housing questions
- Call, email, or visit the housing office to speak to the Housing Coordinator.
- Maintenance issues
- Please do your part to keep our community safe and clean. Keep our space litter-free and be sure to report any maintenance or grounds issues to Fix-It!
- File a Fix-It ticket online at fixit.ucsc.edu
- Student Conduct Meetings
- Call or visit the housing office to set up an appointment to meet with your CRE (as noted in your summons)
- Community Stafety Officers
- Community Safety Officers (CSOs) provide safety and security assitance between 7pm-3am.
- Call (831) 459-2100 for assistance. Please do your part in keeping our community safe and be sure to report any suspicious activity.
Check this website often to see important housing updates every quarter!
Browse the topics on the sidebar and make sure you are always aware of important quarterly housing dates and other housing information!
Note: Questions about your housing bill, payment plans, or meal plans should be directed to the main Campus Housing office at 831-459-2394 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Their website is: http://housing.ucsc.edu/