If you are locked out of your room…
- Between the hours of 8AM-5PM You must check out a lockout key from the College Nine and College Ten Housing Office, and must return the key within 15 MINUTES or you may be fined.
- Between the hours of 7PM-3AM You must call a Community Safety Officer (CSO) to assist you. The CSOs can be reached at (831) 459-2100.
- Between the hours of 5PM-7PM and 3AM-8AM You must call the Resident Assistant (RA) duty phone at (831) 212-6158 to have a RA assist you.
You are allowed THREE courtesy lockouts per year. Please note that this includes any CSO assisted lockouts. After the first three lockouts, you will be charged $15.00 for each additional lockout.
If you lose your key or have broken your keys…
- You must immediately report a missing or stolen key to the Housing Office. This is both for your safety and the safety of any roommates that are living with you. If you lose your key or your key is stolen, you will be charged $100.00 replacement fee for the lock change and the new keys.
- If your key breaks or is bent, you will NOT be charged a fee as long as you immediately return the broken key to the Housing Office. Once we receive the broken key, we will issue you a new one.
Please keep your keys secure and never give them to anyone else. They are your responsibility!